Mr. Gorman practices in the areas of Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and Administration, Commercial Real Estate, and Corporate Law. He was born in Rockville Centre, New York, in 1960, raised in Manhasset, New York, and has lived in North Carolina for more than 30 years.
- Has drafted more than 10,000 trusts of various types, including revocable living trusts for probate avoidance, special needs trusts, charitable remainder trusts, and trusts for estate tax avoidance.
- Over the past 35 years, represented numerous commercial real estate clients, including developers of office condominiums, mixed-use projects, hotels and related amenities, retail, residential, and industrial and warehouse properties.
- Has helped hundreds of small business owners with LLC and corporate formations, lease reviews, and general legal advice for starting a small business.
- As a dental business attorney, has advised many dentists and other health care professionals regarding their unique needs with respect to starting a new practice, or purchasing an existing one.
- Represented numerous clients by drafting wills, powers of attorney, living wills, health care powers of attorney, and elder law planning.
- Assisted many international clients doing business in the United States, and advised many US companies doing business overseas.
Law School: Duke University School of Law, Durham, NC, J.D., 1985
Undergraduate: Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, B.A., magna cum laude, Economics and English, 1982
North Carolina- 1987; South Carolina- 2007; Texas- 1985.
Rated as Preeminent (5.0 out of 5.0) by Martindale Hubble, based upon client reviews.
Recipient of the Client Champion Platinum Award, 2012 to Present.
Rated as Superb (9.3 out of 10) by Avvo.
IR Global International Referral Network Member 2019-Present.
Ranked as one of the Best Real Estate Attorneys in Charlotte by Expertise.com.
Attorney/Shareholder, Gorman & Associates, P.A. 1988-Present.
Attorney, Petree, Stockton & Robinson (now Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, LLP) Charlotte, NC 1987.
Attorney, Baker, Smith & Mills, Dallas, TX 1985-86.
Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Transportation, Office of the Secretary, Washington, DC 1983.
Community Involvement & Advisory Boards
Catholic Charities- Diocese of Charlotte Board of Directors 2019-Present.
First Citizens Bank- Charlotte Area Advisory Board 2019-Present.
St. Matthew Catholic Church World Hunger Drive 2005-Present. Meal packing event MC 2013-Present.
Parish Pastoral Council 2003-06, Chairperson 2005-06.
Thompson-Pratt Financial Group Trusted Advisor Panel 2010-Present.
Merrill Lynch Fox-Kaplan Wealth Management Team Board of Advisors 2006-16.
Knights of Columbus Council #10852- Third Degree.
Duke University School of Law Cornerstone Society 1985-Present.
Seminars and Lectures
BridgeTrust Title Insurance Group CLE Lecture “eRecording: Here and Now” 2012.
Hines-Fox Group of Merrill Lynch “Estate Planning in the New Normal” 2010.
Ameriprise Financial “Estate Planning for Financial Advisors” Seminars 1995-99 and 2003-08.
Institute for Financial Education- Instructor, Real Estate Law 1996-98.
National Business Institute CLE Lecture “Mastering Real Estate Titles in North Carolina” 1995.
Married to Nannette Gorman since 1991. Father of three adult children.