H. Stanley Harris
Mr. Harris practices in the areas of Business Entity Formation and General Business Representation, Corporate Law, Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and Administration. He was born in Savannah, GA, but grew up in numerous States and in Europe as his father was career US Military. Mr. Harris has lived and actively practiced law in the Charlotte, NC area for the last 37 years.
Mr. Harris has formed and represented scores of corporations, LLCs, and other business entities in North Carolina. He has 37 years of experience in drafting Wills, Living Wills, Health Care Powers of Attorney, Trusts, and other estate planning documents. He has acted as Executor, Trustee, and Attorney for Personal Representatives, Trustees, and Executors in hundreds of Estates and Trusts in numerous counties throughout North Carolina.
- Law School: University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, TN, J.D., 1982
- Undergraduate: University of Georgia, Athens, GA, A.B., cum laude, Political Science, 1979
- Tennessee, 1983
- North Carolina, 1984
- Attorney, Gorman & Associates, P.A., Charlotte, NC, 2021- Present
- Attorney/Shareholder, H. Stanley Harris, P.C., Charlotte, NC, 1994-2021
- Attorney/Partner, Myers, Hulse, and Harris, Charlotte, NC, 1989-1994
- Associate Attorney, Myers, Hulse, and Brown, Charlotte, NC, 1984-1989
- Business Law Instructor, Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, NC, 1983-1984
- Associate Attorney, Guess & English, Knoxville, TN, 1983
- Chairman/Finance Committee, Memorial United Methodist Church, Charlotte, NC, 1994-1997
- Coach: T-ball, Little League, Softball, Lacrosse, WCWAA, Weddington, NC, 1999-2009
Married to Nancy Winstead Harris since 1991. Father of two adult children.